Workplace Injuries Treatment From Diamond State Chiropractic in Newark
As careful you are at work and as safe as your employer tries to make the workplace, accidents can still happen. Injuries can also occur on the job that has nothing to do with an accident, but more to do with poor ergonomics.
Common Workplace Injuries
There are a variety of injuries that are common in the workplace. These include:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: When you put excess pressure on your wrist and the median nerve, it can cause carpal tunnel syndrome. This is a common condition for people who use a computer and a mouse at work.
- Back Pain; Back pain can occur on the job for a variety of reasons. If your job has you sitting down all day, such as an office worker or a driver, it can result in back pain. When you sit, you put 11 times more pressure on your spine than when you are standing. If you twist or turn frequently at work, it can also result in back pain.
- Improper Lifting: If your job has you lifting heavy objects, such a job in a warehouse or with a moving company, you are prone to injuries. If you don't lift the objects correctly, it can result in back or neck strains or sprains.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: If you don't wear non-slip footwear to work, you could be at risk of a slip and fall accident. This is also true if the floor of your workplace is not free of water or debris. Slip and fall accidents can result in a variety of injuries including concussions, neck or back injuries, bruises, or broken bones.
- Neck Pain: Neck pain is a common workplace injury in office workers. If you don't sit properly in your chair and it your computer screen is not at an adequate level, your poor posture can cause chronic neck pain.
Preventing Common Workplace Injuries
To avoid being injured on the job, there are a few tips that you should follow.
- If your job requires you to sit for most of the day, you should get up and take a walk every few hours.
- When you are giving a lunch break or a coffee break, take them. Staying at your desk and using the computer will only increase the risk of carpal tunnel, back pain, and neck pain.
- You should be sure that you sit up straight when you are working and keep your computer monitor at eye level. Also, you should keep your mouse close so that you don't need to reach too far.
- If heavy lifting is part of your job, you should make sure to lift properly and if necessary, wear a lifting belt.
- Wear non-slip shoes and the necessary protective gear at all times.
How Can a Chiropractor Help With a Workplace Injury?
If you are injured on the job, there are plenty of ways that a chiropractor can help. Chiropractic adjustments, heat/cold therapy, massage, stretching and strengthening exercises, and ultrasound can all help relieve the pain. Chiropractic treatment can also improve range of motion and your overall quality of life.
If you are suffering from a workplace injury, Diamond State Chiropractic in Newark can help. Our skilled, licensed chiropractor can create a treatment plan designed specifically for your injury. After the first session, you should start feeling some relief. With regular care and treatment, you should be able to live a pain-free life. We can also give you tips and advice to prevent workplace injuries in the future.