Newark Chiropractic Care and Sports Injuries
Our chiropractors at Diamond State Chiropractic provide relief and recovery support for sports injuries. If you are a professional, amateur, recreational or weekend athlete or are an avid fitness participant, you understand how sensitive the body can be to injuries. Common sports injuries that our chiropractors care for include:
- Tennis elbow
- Runner's knee
- Rotator cuff and other shoulder concerns
- Back pain
- Muscle strains
- Joint sprains
- Shin splints
- Plantar fasciitis
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
The above is a list of common sports injuries that are treated with natural chiropractic care. If you are struggling with pain following sports play, let our chiropractors, Dr. Kristina Hollstein and Dr. Gregory Serge examine your injury and determine the most effective approach for fast relief.
Sports Injury Relief with Natural Care
Our Newark chiropractor, Dr. Kristina Hollstein, graduated at the top of her Palmer College of Chiropractic class and was a faculty member when she lived in Illinois. Dr. Hollstein is also one of a small group of chiropractors who have obtained the title of chiropractic orthopedist. Using this knowledge, our chiropractor determines why you are experiencing pain and then sets a chiropractic care schedule to bring you lasting relief. Some of the services we use to heal sports injuries include:
- Chiropractic adjustments to position your spine and joints. This gentle manipulation allows for increased freedom of movement and reduced pain.
- Orthotics when needed to provide a stable base for your physical movements. An orthotic can also reduce foot and ankle pain and improper leg alignments.
- Corrective exercises to restore muscular balance. When your muscles are imbalanced, they can easily be injured through strains and can pull bones and joints out of alignment. Through stretching and strengthening exercises, muscles support your sports activities and are less likely to be injured.
- Nutritional counseling to support your body as it heals. Your muscles require proper nutrients to work effectively and to heal. Our chiropractors speak with you regarding which foods will benefit you during this recovery time.
- Lifestyle changes to avoid future injuries and reduce current pain. Our chiropractors show you how to enter and exit a vehicle, for example, to reduce pressure on your healing body.
Our services provide immediate and lasting pain relief from sports injuries. Unfortunately, regardless of how seasoned an athlete you are, injuries happen unexpectedly. Our chiropractors have treatments available to reduce your risk and keep your body strong for the future. In addition, through consistent care, you will notice an improvement in your sports abilities such as greater flexibility, improved endurance, and better focus.
Contact Us Today for Sports Injury Relief
Our chiropractic care for sports injuries is a holistic approach. Our chiropractors identify the injury and work to strengthen your body for total recovery. Your chiropractic plan is a perfect partner for your sports activities whether you play professionally or just for fun. If you are injured, do not wait to call Diamond State Chiropractic today at (302) 828-0051.