Every dedicated athlete will experience some form of pain or injury as the direct result of training or competition at some point in their athletic career. Diamond State Chiropractic is committed to delivering accurate and fast diagnosis for optimal treatment of a wide range of sports-related injuries and conditions affecting the musculoskeletal system.
We assess each patient’s overall health to understand the root cause of the symptoms and address health issues effectively. Our athletic injury specialists provide the highest quality of chiropractic care to treat, correct, and prevent injuries, and biomechanical imbalances.
Common Sports Injuries
When pushed to the limits of its abilities, it is quite common for the human body to exhibit structural damage. This can manifest in several ways that most athletes will or have experienced.
- Tennis elbow: pain in the elbow resulting from repeated strain in a direction opposing the natural bend of the joint
- Runner's knee: repeated strain and compression to the cartilage within the joint
- Rotator cuff and other shoulder problems: a range of issues involving the complex structures of the shoulder
- Hernias: when fatty tissue squeezes through a weak spot in the fascia or connective tissue
- Concussions: impact damage to the skull
- Back pain: resulting from an injury, repetitive strain, or misalignment
- Muscle strains: the overexertion of a muscle, resulting in damage to the tissue
- Joint sprains: when a tendon is torn from hyper-extension or an impact
- Shin splints: strain and inflammation of connective tissues between the calf muscle and the shin
- Plantar fasciitis: inflammation of the connective tissues between the heels and toes
- Carpal tunnel syndrome: repetitive strain causing pain and inflammation in the tendons
In nearly all cases, non-invasive, non-surgical chiropractic care can treat, improve, or prevent these injuries.
Sports Rehabilitation in Newark
At Diamond State Chiropractic in Newark, DE, we provide a wide range of sports rehab treatments and services. Using the full spectrum of chiropractic care, we can help you recover from a sports-related injury and make future injuries less likely. Treatments include spinal adjustments, rehabilitation exercises, nutritional counseling, and self-care to be done at home.
Our chiropractors specialize in sports injuries and we will work closely with you to develop a personalized sports injury care regimen that will be applied on-site. If you suffer from a sports-related injury, get in touch with the chiropractic professionals at Diamond State Chiropractic in Newark today by calling us at (302) 828-0051.